Draw everything on the same layer!
1. draw a circle.
2. make some dakr place on the moon.
3. same like step 2 but you use "BRUSH" with "FUZYSTATIC" or "SPREAD" settings .(just type: you can use this setting for drawing clouds).
4. same like step 3 but you use darker colors.
5. same with lighter color
6. create new layer with layer settings "LUMINOSITY" ,brush setting you can see on picture.Use the lighter color and make some glowing around the circle.
7. make a white part on the moon
8. last step i make in Photoshop - i blur edge of the circle with "Blur tool" - if you want edit some colors click in Photoshop ( ctrl+b )
My newest works
Quick question: I use Gimp 2.6. Will these techniques still work if I'm not drawing on the same program, or will I have to modify them a little?
I did something like it before but it was never boss looking like this ♥
I love it ^^